Introduction and background
The purpose of this policy is to outline how Newell’s TRAVEL Ltd has established measures to protect your privacy and information rights.
We recognise that you have rights as a ‘data subject’, and that we have an obligation to uphold these.
This privacy notice aims to outline how we maintain these rights. In particular, it outlines:
- How we collect and process your information
- Why we do this
- How you can exercise your rights;
- Who to contact in the event you’re unhappy with our performance.
Depending on why we have collected your information, your information rights could include:
|Right to be informed||This encompasses the obligation for us to be transparent in how we collect and use your personal data.|
|Right of access||You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.|
|Right to rectification||If the information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request we correct this.|
|Right to erasure||You can request we delete or remove personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing.|
|Right to restrict processing||You have the right to request we cease processing your data, if:
You consider it inaccurate or incomplete;
Where you object to processing and we are considering whether we still have a legitimate interest to process it.
Where we don’t need the data for the original reason we collected it, but may need it to support a legal claim.
|Right to data portability||Where you have consented to our processing your data, or where the processing is necessary for us to deliver a contract, you can request a copy of that data to be provided to a third party in electronic form.|
|Right to object||You have the right to object to our processing under certain circumstances. For example, you can object to:
· Direct marketing (including profiling); and
· Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Information we collect
Please find below a summary of the information we collect and how we use this to deliver services to you.
|Business Function||Information we collect||Why we collect this|
|BOOKINGS||We collect the personal information needed to arrange bookings for our customers, including name, address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect date of birth and passport details if these are needed to support the booking.||These details are necessary for us to fulfil the contract we have entered into with our customers (i.e. to book the requested travel arrangements).|
|FINANCE||We hold the personal details relating to the payments for our customers’ bookings.||These details are necessary for us to complete the bookings for our customers and support our statutory documentation requirements.|
|MARKETING||We process the personal details provided to us by our customers. This will include name, address and other contact details (e.g. email address and phone number)||These details are necessary for us to supply our customers with offers, information, and news which are mutually beneficial.|
|FOREIGN EXCHANGE||We collect the personal information needed to facilitate foreign exchange transactions (when required).||These details are necessary for us to comply with Money Laundering Regulations.|
Transfer of data
We work with a number of service providers in the course of providing services to you. These are outlined below:
- The suppliers of services we facilitate on your behalf, such as airlines, accommodation providers, tour operators, cruise operators, local agents and foreign exchange providers.
- Our insurance company in the event of a claim or to allow for cover to be provided
- CAA (only in the event of a claim).
- Our legal representatives (only if required).
- Card payment providers and our bank (only if required).
- Third Party Suppliers (Mailchimp Email System and Campaign Monitor Email System) – to support our mutually beneficial marketing activities.
- Our mailing company and Royal Mail, to support posting materials
Retention of data
Newell’s TRAVEL Ltd retains information for a minimum of seven (7) years from our point of last contact. We hold this information to support our legal and regulatory requirements. If you object to this retention, please contact us – details provided in the ‘Contact section’.
We recognise that you may have questions on how we process and/or store your data, or may want to change either the data we hold on you or how we communicate with you in the future.
If you have given consent for processing, you are free to withdraw that consent. To let us know this is the case, please contact us at: Newell’s TRAVEL Ltd, 26/27 Killigrew Street, Falmouth, TR11 3PN.
If you have any questions in respect of this notice, or would like to exercise your rights as a data subject (for example, to correct data or to exercise your right to access):
- Newell’s TRAVEL Ltd, as data controller can be contacted as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org or Newell’s TRAVEL Ltd, 26/27 Killigrew Street, Falmouth, Cornwall TR11 3PN
- Helen Hawke can be contacted as follows: email@example.com or Helen Hawke, Newell’s TRAVEL Ltd, 26/27 Killigrew Street, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3PN.
- If you are unhappy that we have responded to your query adequately, or if you have a further complaint, The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted on Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF